Attention Parents!! First of all, I want to thank you for enrolling your children with us. The level of trust you place in us to help you guide and direct their futures is staggering. We understand that raising children is not an easy task, especially when the environment is not conducive to their optimum learning. You work hard at home to provide them with the best possible atmosphere to be successful in their schoolwork and other activities. Similarly, we also work hard to try and maintain that kind of environment here in the studio as well.
Because of this, we occasionally go over some guidelines for parents, relatives and other people that might enter the studio to support your enrolled child during a class or other function. We graciously ask that you would please:
- Maintain low speaking levels. If you need to have a conversation with another person who is waiting for their child, please speak in low tones. This will help to minimize distractions during the class.
- Refrain from shouting to, conversing with or otherwise distracting the students on the floor – even if it is your child. We try very hard to maintain their attention. If you would like to help coach your child (or others) in their class, please see Master Forleo or Mr. Johnson. There are many fun and helpful ways of getting involved in your child’s training. Taking their attention off their instructor(s) is not one of them. Coaching positions are available for patient and willing volunteers.
- Control your children (the ones not involved in class). If you bring a child that is not enrolled, please make sure they abide by these guidelines as well. If you cannot keep them quiet or otherwise occupied in the front, please feel free to take them outside.
- Be on time to drop off and pick them up. Students coming in late cause distractions to the class that has already started and miss out on valuable information or announcements and the warm up. After class, students left for prolonged periods of time experience distress and anxiety. We are not a day care or baby-sitting service and students who leave the studio after their scheduled class has ended are not our responsibility.
- Sit in the appropriate seating provided. If you sit and watch your child during their class, please try to use the black benches in the front waiting area. The benches along the wall are intended for students to sit as they wait for their class to begin. We understand that there are only a few seats. Parents ARE allowed to watch their children, but we sometimes do not recommend it and even occasionally caution against it. Some children often spend a lot of time trying to get their parents attention rather than focusing on their instructor or their instructions.By following these guidelines, you help us to continue to create an environment that is positive and conducive to your child’s optimum learning. Thanks in advance for your continued support and compliance.Respectfully,Master Forleo and the Staff of Shepherd-Warrior Martial Arts
Referral Rewards Program!!
Did you know that you get rewarded for referring new students?
I don’t know if you realize it or not, but advertising for new students can be pretty expensive. And after we spend all that money on advertising, we’re still not guaranteed to get one single new student.
“Word of Mouth” advertising is still the best type of advertising. And frankly, I’d rather reward you for bringing in new students than spend a ton of money on advertising. Many students have mentioned that their friends, acquaintances, and family members have expressed an interest in their Martial Arts training. With this in mind, I came up with our…
Referral Reward Program!
Here’s how it works:
For every referral that becomes a student, you’ll get your choice of ONE of the following, absolutely FREE:
- A $25 Toy’s R Us gift certificate
- A $25 gift card for Applebee’s, The Olive Garden or Outback
- Two Carmike cinemas movie passes
- $25 CASH
But wait! There’s more!
In addition, for every SIX people that you refer within a calendar year who become students, you’ll get a FREE, one-year membership! That’s a savings of over $1000!
I know that I don’t have to offer rewards for referring friends, but I think it’s important to show that I value you all as students and appreciate your referrals.
When you think about people that you might refer, keep these ideas in mind:
- People you work with or go to school with.
- Friends listed in your address book.
- People you know from your gym or health club
- Family members
- People you do business with.
- People who attend your church
Hopefully, that may jog your memory a little. If you just spend a few minutes thinking about it, I’m sure you’ll come up with quite a few people you know who would like to experience all the benefits that you’ve experienced from your Martial Arts training.
Please let us know the names and numbers of these people or have them contact us. We promise to handle their names discreetly.